Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology
Download Information for B.S. Degree
The B.S. in Kinesiology is a broad-based program offering students training in the multiple sub-disciplines of Kinesiology (Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, Health, Motor Behavior, and Sport and Exercise Psychology/Sociology). The curriculum and coursework is designed to prepare students to be leaders in the fields of physical activity, health, and disease prevention and treatment.
All undergraduate students will complete a common curriculum that incorporates the scientific and clinical knowledge of exercise science, health promotion and nutrition as applied in preventative, clinical, commercial fitness, public health and educational settings. Students can then choose to follow one of two professional tracks that are designed to meet eligibility for pursuing certification in two different areas – a) exercise science and b) health promotion.
The exercise science professional track prepares students for national exams for American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certification. The health promotion professional track prepares students to meet the competencies and seven responsibilities for Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) as identified by the 2010 Health Education Job Analysis. Students who complete this track are eligible to take the CHES exam. General Questions about the B. S. program may be addressed to Dr. Kris Jankovitz email: email@example.com
Program Learning Objectives
1. Demonstrate knowledge of the natural sciences within kinesiology, biomechanics, exercise physiology, motor behavior, and health.
2. Demonstrate knowledge of the social sciences within
kinesiology, sociology, psychology, community health, and health promotion.
3. Understand and apply the principles of quantitative and qualitative research to the study and practice of human performance, physical activity, and health.
4. Demonstrate an understanding of diversity, social justice, and inclusion as it relates to physical activity and health.
5. Demonstrate proficiency in critical thinking, written and oral communication.